[mythtv-users] Automatically Importing Videos on Disk to Myth (mirobridge)?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 23:22:17 UTC 2010

On 7 July 2010 00:17, Brian Fischer <brianafischer at gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, I would like to thank the developers of mirobridge for the
> innovative add-on to MythTV.  I have been using MiroBridge for a lot of
> vodcasts and it has been working great.
>
> One idea/use case that I cannot seem to setup properly is importing
> recordings from disk.  From my knowledge, there is no easy way to do this in
> MythTV.  However, it seems like this may be possible using "Watch Folders"
> in Miro.  I setup a directory on my computer: /myth/video/home_videos/ and
> would like to import these recordings using mirobirdge, but they all show up
> as "_NO_TITLE_From_Miro".
>
> After looking into this issue, it seems that Miro only stores episode
> information for RSS and Torrent files.
>
> 1. What is the suggested method to import videos (h.264) while adding a
> title and additional information (thumbnails/description/date/...) without
> re-recording?

I am not sure what you are asking; what is the source of the files
that are in mythvideo

> 2. I have also created some H.264 rips of my X-Files DVDs.  What is the
> suggested method to importing these videos into MythTV?
> I would loathe having to manually enter information..

name the files in the format
x-files s01x02.mpg
then use the JAMU script, or individually within mythvideo with
info->metadata->download (w is the shortcut as default).

it'll see that it is in the format of snnxnn and know it is a tv
programme, then use tvdb to download the metadata including fanart.
Try a couple first; to check whether is should be named xfiles x-files
or something else entirely.

you can use tvdb to look at how they named the programme; that may help.