[mythtv-users] Using a video capture card, no TV tuner

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 11:39:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:53 PM, NublaII Lists <nublaii.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> I want to use mythtv to record a video signal 24/7, and I love the
> scheduling capabilities.
>
> Anyway, the video signal is composite video, so I can't use a tv tuner for
> that.

Every analogue tv tuner card I've seen has had a video input - my PVR150
certainly does as I use it to capture the output of a set top box. Setup is
simple: setup a video source and connect it to the right card input in input
connections. In your case you'll need to create a dummy channel for that
source as well.

Cheers,
Steve