[mythtv-users] anyone using a revo 1600 and getting ac3/dts audio from it?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jul 7 14:53:49 UTC 2010

I have a Revo 1600 frontend on 0.23-fixes and while I can get linear PCM
(stereo) sound from it (over HDMI of course), just fine, when I try to
enable "5.1" speakers configuration (with DD and DTS checked) in Myth's
set up and play a file with AC3 (dolby digital) or DTS, I get no sound.

Does anyone have this configuration working?

Specifically, is anyone able to successfully play AC3 or DTS sound from
their Revo (1600).

This could certainly be my television (i.e. receiving the audio but just
not playing it) but since I have too many variables yet (i.e. it could
be the revo too), I'm looking to eliminate one (i.e. the Revo, with a
success story here).

Cheers,
b.

FWIW, the stream I am trying to play through the Revo to the TV and not
getting audio (when using AC3 and 5.1 configuration in Myth) is recorded
from clearqam and therefore completely audible by the television when it
plays it directly from the cable signal -- so I know the TV is capable
of decoding the audio stream.

Also, the TV has DLNA and when I access the file (the exact same file I
am trying to play through the Revo) via upnp on the backend, the TV can
successfully play the audio stream.