[mythtv-users] can remote frontend(s) wake the backend when needed?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jul 7 15:38:24 UTC 2010

I've been going through the docs for making the backend shutdown and
wake by alarm based on next recording time, etc.  All pretty
straightforward enough.  I have even gotten the backend to WOL
successfully (using the magic packet and the wakeonlan command).

But if I have remote frontends, they of course will notice when the
backend goes away and pop up the familiar "backend gone" dialog.  That
is all fine.

I wonder however, is there a way to configure a remote frontend to
(execute a script to) send a "WOL" to the backend when somebody wants to
use the FE?

b.