[mythtv-users] Automatically Importing Videos on Disk to Myth (mirobridge)?

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:36:09 UTC 2010

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.  I am looking to import into the
Watch Recordings section of MythTV.  I actually use XBMC instead of
MythVideo as it has a higher WAF.  However, I would like to use the "Watch
Recordings" screen to show recent content imported to the HTPC.

There are two main use cases I have:

1. Other (Not a TV Show)
Notes: I have home videos from a h.264 video camera and would like to add
additional information (thumbnails/description/date/...) and place into
watch recordings for a few weeks, then eventually move to the videos
section.
Solution: ???  Is there any method to import without using custom SQL
commands?

2. TV Shows
Use Case: Importing old episodes (that will not be re-run) into watch
recordings
Notes: This method could be used for DVD rips or manually transcoded (with
handbrake) old recordings.
Solution: Use ragetvgrab

Thanks