[mythtv-users] Automatically Importing Videos on Disk to Myth (mirobridge)?

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 18:04:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Brian Fischer <brianafischer at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Other (Not a TV Show)
> Notes: I have home videos from a h.264 video camera and would like to add
> additional information (thumbnails/description/date/...) and place into
> watch recordings for a few weeks, then eventually move to the videos
> section.
> Solution: ???  Is there any method to import without using custom SQL
> commands?

Description, date and all that should be easy using myth.rebuilddatabase.pl

Heres one session of usage:

$ perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.23/contrib/recovery/myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
 --norename  --dir /video/store2
Unknown file /video/store2/homemovie1.avi found.
Do you want to import? [y]:
Checking for guide data...
Enter channel [1]:
... title [homemovie1]: Birthday at grandma
... subtitle: Blah - Blah - Blah - Blah
Description [Recovered file homemovie1.avi]: blah blah blah
... start time (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS) [2010-07-07 19:57:13]:
... Recording Group [Default]:
... duration (in minutes) [60]: 10
Building a seek table should improve FF/RW and JUMP functions when
watching this video
Do you want to build a seek table for this file? [y]: y

I guess you can extract a thumbnail from where you want in the file
and put it in the recordings directory instead of the default
thumbnail that mythfrontend makes.

I have done this with movies from my cameras, and just put them into
the Recordings-groups. I also do this with all ripped movies, since I
dont really understand why there has to be two separate places to
watch media.

--
Roald Martin Amundsen