[mythtv-users] GeForce GT220 PCI Express x16 for $30 shipped ($20 AR)

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 18:28:04 UTC 2010

On 07/06/2010 08:47 PM, Ozzy Lash wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com
> <mailto:sdkovacs at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     For those who are looking for a good VDPAU card on the cheap, via
>     slickdeals.
>
>     http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/36406/bfg-geforce-gt-220-1gb-pciexpress-video-card
>

> It looks like this card has VGA, DVI and Display Port, but no HDMI.  Not
> sure if it comes with at DVI to HDMI adapter, and if it does, if it will
> do audio over HDMI with the adapter.

Since everyone else has gone off on a theoretical discussion as to whether DVI can support audio, I decided to go to the
manufacturers web site and see if this particular card supports audio.

http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgrgt2201024d2be.aspx

If you look at the PDF spec sheet, it says it supports HDMI via an adapter sold separately.
If you look at the PDF manual, it has nothing at all to say about audio.
If you look at the PDF HDMI Flyer, it shows a connection to the SPDIF out header on the motherboard.