[mythtv-users] help needed speccing out small silent frontend.

Malcolm Parsons malcolm.parsons at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 20:56:40 UTC 2010

On 7 July 2010 20:46, Ryan Duffy <dusteur at excite.com> wrote:

> Does it run Ubuntu (particularly 10.04) with all the hardware working?

Yes.  Even the card reader works.

> It looks like it only has wireless-G, is that correct?

I don't have an 802.11n network to test with, but lspci reports:

05:00.0 Network controller: RaLink RT3090 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe

> Will it work with all these, and also with BBC iPlayer?

Flash doesn't have hardware accelerated video playback on Linux, so
iPlayer uses a lot of CPU. apt-get install get-iplayer and download
the programme you want to watch, then play it in MythVideo.

--
Malcolm Parsons