[mythtv-users] Consolidating Storage and Backends - Database issues

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 8 06:01:43 UTC 2010

Scott Macdonell wrote:
> So, I think I might know what I need to do, but I'd like some confirmation
> before I go mucking around with mythconverg. Anyway here's the issue:
>
> Right now I have a setup with two backends which each do some recording. The
> master records to a local drive, while the slave records to it's local drive and
> an NFS share (the physical disk is on the master backend). I plan to rework my
> setup so that I only have one backend which stores all the recordings on a local
> drive.
>
> I would like Myth to still be able to play all my old recordings after I make
> this change. I shouldn't have any trouble moving the actual recordings to the
> new box, but how do I get mythtv to know that I've moved all the recordings to
> one place?

I'm in the middle of consolidating two backends into one, and upgrading
from 0.21 to 0.23.
The new master uses the same name and IP as the old master.
The old slave is out of the picture.
I used the storage drive off the old slave in the new master. Myth
automagically figured out that all the recordings which used to be on
the slave, are now on the local box.
Just finished copying all the recordings off the old master storage
drive to the new master.
Myth automagically found those too.
Now to format and upgrade the old master into a new frontend...

The 0.23 code is sweet!