[mythtv-users] Anyone archiving to Blu-Ray Disks?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 8 14:16:13 UTC 2010

On Thursday, July 08, 2010 08:10:20 am John Drescher wrote:
> > Of course I also have DLT tape, but the media cost there is just
> > unreasonable, and I don't expect it to improve.
>
> DLT will not improve. LTO will but the cost of the drives usually
> makes this not a good choice for home users.

And most people don't have SCSI any more.

Datacenter type commercial gear often becomes available cheaply after a while, but that doesn't mean it's a good choice
for a home user.

I paid something like $25 each for my DLT drives, if I hadn't had a source for media, and already had SCSI controllers, it
would have made no sense at all.