[mythtv-users] Anyone archiving to Blu-Ray Disks?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Thu Jul 8 14:50:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> Of course, I also wonder if different BR players might have differing
> capabilities, more or less like some DVD players today
> can play DivX files, and some can't.
>
> I'd imagine that any BR player could play a DVD disk, the question is, can
> they play DVD *files*?

I suspect the answer is going to depend on what BD player the other person
has. Most of these consumer type devices just don't have that sort of
flexibility. I imagine the PS3 could do it, and probably some of the higher
end BD players that support streaming over a network might do it as well. Of
course, once you get to that level, the dedicated media players like the
Popcorn and similar are close in cost and more flexible. Or even a Revo with
Myth/XBMC installed by you. :)