[mythtv-users] external channal change not working

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Thu Jul 8 19:16:04 UTC 2010

On 07/08/2010 10:38 AM, Christopher Meredith wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:26 AM, brad dreisbach <bradd at ameri.ca> wrote:

> Don't know if it's a bug or a problem with my installation, but I had
> this same issue yesterday using Mythweb from trunk and I discovered
> that when you load the channel settings table in mythweb, all the
> freqids are blank, even if they are present in the database. If you
> click "SUBMIT" without manually entering all the freqid values, it
> deletes them all from the database. In my case, I had gone to the
> settings page simply to delete a channel but unwittingly cleared all
> the freqids too. I fixed it my editing the database directly, which I
> will continue to do rather than using Mythweb.

That mythweb bug was reported at least a week ago, but has not yet been fixed. I did not actually try to change any of my
channels through mythweb because I was afraid of precisely the same problem you ran into.
There is also a bug in the myth backend setup channel scan that makes it impossible to scan channel ID 95. For some reason
"cable" only covers 2-83, and "cable high" skips channels 95-99. I started a thread about this bug, but never got any response.