[mythtv-users] viewing problems with long shows on PS3

Tree junk at chassit.com
Fri Jul 9 03:24:48 UTC 2010

(Sorry for the out-of-thread reply, I just subscribed to send this.)

I'm also using this setup (Mythtv streaming to PS3 over UPnP) and just
noticed the same problem.

Recently updated both the PS3 and mythtv, so the problem could be either
of them. However, the original poster was using an older PS3 firmware and
hadn't changed, and we both just switched to 0.23, so that seems the more
likely culprit!

PS3: 3.40
Mythtv: 0.23-0.0lenny2 on Debian stable, using backports.org

I'm noticing the problem around 14 minutes in to h264 recordings from my
hdpvr. Recordings from my HDHR, which are mpeg2video (according to ffmpeg)
don't seem to be as bad, but are still very slow.

The files in question are only an hour total, at 5-6 GB each. Smaller
files, in the 2 GB range, have no problems.

The specific failure when just playing is that the playback pauses at a
certain point and won't resume, just like the normal behavior at the end
of the file.

Also seeking using "Go To" or "scene search" gives up or starts at the
beginning of the file.

-Tree