[mythtv-users] How to send alphabetic letters from IR remote number pad?

David Lasker dave at altosdesign.com
Fri Jul 9 04:53:54 UTC 2010

Hi Johnny

I think I confused you by not including my entire email thread in my last
reply.

I am only using irexec for test purposes so I don't have to launch and kill
the mythtv front end on each attempt. Once I get something that works, I
will change all the prog's back to mythtv.

I am trying to get the same remote key to send different "config" commands
depending on how may repeats it has, the same way alphabetic text messages
are sent on many cell phone numeric keyboards. I want pressing the "2" key
to send either "2", "a", "b", or "c" depending on how long it is held down
for.

I will try to find the post by Christoph Bartelmus that Jarod referred to.

Thanks...

Dave