[mythtv-users] Dedicated frontend IR remote control without a tuner card.

Jeff Artz jeffa.myth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:26:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Calvin Harrigan
<charriglists at bellsouth.net>wrote:

> On 7/8/2010 9:55 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> <snip>
>
> the 2.6.36 merge window opens. Bundles can be had for $25 or less from
>> newegg.com, and you don't *have* to use the bundled remote either, you

<snip>

> There are quite a few offerings out there, are there any you can recommend,
> say from newegg?  Thanks!

Calvin,

  For the best search results for a 'genuine' MS MCE remote on ebay, search
for "Microsoft RC6 Remote" - RC6 is the protocol the remote uses, and this
search string usually eliminates most of the junk remotes that are 'MCE
Compatible'...

  The ones I have are Dell OEM ones that have the TV Power button.  They
seem to be a bit rare nowadays...

J-e-f-f-A