[mythtv-users] Dedicated frontend IR remote control without a tuner card.

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 9 18:39:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll risk going off topic because this is a bluetooth suggestion. I
> have one of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11866 and
> a Sony PS3 Bluray Remote and it works well. No line of sight needed so
> the whole frontend can go out of sight behind the TV.

Not at all OT, its a valid suggestion, as is RF. Though these are
slightly harder to integrate with a universal remote, unless you've
got a more spendy universal remote that also does BT and/or RF.

However, I'll note that many of the mce IR devices come with
sufficiently long enough cables that you can easily hide the frontend
with them too (such is the case with one of mine, in fact, because my
22mo old wouldn't stop assaulting the box when it wasn't hidden behind
the TV).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com