[mythtv-users] mythtranscode cutlist argument?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Jul 9 21:36:47 UTC 2010

On 09/07/10 22:00, Christopher Meredith wrote:
> According to the help output, mythtranscode can be used with the
> --infile and --honorcutlist flags and the latter "Optionally takes a
> cutlist as an argument when used with --infile." Can anyone tell me
> what format this argument should be? I've tried creating a plaintext
> file with this:
>
> 1836,13700-18207,29554-36778,50077-54307,55801-
>
> and passing the text file as an argument, and I've tried passing that
> whole string as an argument. In both cases, the file is transcoded but
> no cuts are honored. How should this argument be formatted?
>
> Thanks!

I've no hard evidence on this, but I suspect you need a
one-value-to-the-line text file, possibly starting with a zero to define
the polarity.  But why not use the default as created by the MythTV
editor?

And the usual advice for people having problems with lossless
transcoding of a perhaps imperfect mpeg2 recording is to use Project-X.
You might like to look at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx.
I have a report that the effect of this (and mythtranscode) is at
present inverted in trunk; it works in 0.23-fixes for me.

Don't overlook the searchable archive at

HTH

John P