[mythtv-users] mythtranscode cutlist argument?

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 22:43:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 09/07/10 22:00, Christopher Meredith wrote:
>>
>> According to the help output, mythtranscode can be used with the
>> --infile and --honorcutlist flags and the latter "Optionally takes a
>> cutlist as an argument when used with --infile." Can anyone tell me
>> what format this argument should be? I've tried creating a plaintext
>> file with this:
>>
>> 1836,13700-18207,29554-36778,50077-54307,55801-
>>
>> and passing the text file as an argument, and I've tried passing that
>> whole string as an argument. In both cases, the file is transcoded but
>> no cuts are honored. How should this argument be formatted?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I've no hard evidence on this, but I suspect you need a
> one-value-to-the-line text file, possibly starting with a zero to define the
> polarity.  But why not use the default as created by the MythTV editor?
>
> And the usual advice for people having problems with lossless transcoding of
> a perhaps imperfect mpeg2 recording is to use Project-X.
> You might like to look at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx.
> I have a report that the effect of this (and mythtranscode) is at present
> inverted in trunk; it works in 0.23-fixes for me.
>
> Don't overlook the searchable archive at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

I tried modifying the file thus:
0-1836
13700-18207
29554-36778
50077-54307
55801-

to no avail. I am trying to compensate for a busted mpeg2 lossless
transcode as you suspect. I checked out mythcutprojectx and am having
some issues getting it to work (ionice: execvp failed: No such file or
directory) and am hesitant to spend too much time with it because as I
understand, it requires user intervention which means I can't make it
part of a userjob.