[mythtv-users] comcast follies

David Williams mythtv_david at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 11:47:24 UTC 2010

Thanks, everyone, for the helpful information. I reassessed the situation and
discovered firewire is partially active. As I said in the first post the RNG110
shows up as a capture card on the back end setup and I discovered it turns on
the set top box and changes channels. I also discovered that it generates a
partial lock on live TV and while I tried all manner of setting permutations I
could never get Pandora's Box to open and get either a picture or sound. Does
anybody have any suggestions of a setting that will get past the partial lock? I
did an abbreviated review of the HD-PVR and, if I get it, this is an instrument
offered by Hauppauge that in some unfathomable way takes advantage of something
called the analogue hole and converts a lower quality rf signal into very high
quality HD. Justin, I see where there is a capture card setting for this unit,
is it fairly plug and play? Any gotcha's I should be aware of?

Its nice to know I'm not the only geriatric, in my case geriatric baby-boomer,
in the neighborhood . Three recent events made me feel my years. 1) Carly Simon
turned 65, 2) Ringo Starr turned 70, and 3) A young man I partnered with a few
days ago constructing walls for a Habitat build had never heard of whitewall
tires.

Thanks, David