[mythtv-users] What is the default free disk size and the frequency of checking?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 10 15:06:01 UTC 2010

  On 07/10/2010 08:49 AM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> Think I saw somewhere mythtv wants 1GB

The default value for the setting that allows you to specify the amount
of free space to keep on all your recording file systems is 1GB.

> Can the default frequency of 15 minutes be changed?

MythTV only checks when about to start recording and while recording
(and only checks the file system to which it's actually recording).  It
checks more frequently while recording (every 5 mins?).  Therefore,
MythTV will never delete recordings when some other app writes garbage
to the recording file system, so changing the frequency of checking will
have no effect whatsoever.  Also, MythTV is assuming that no one else is
filling up your recording file system.

If you explain what you're trying to do or what problem you're seeing,
someone can likely help you find a good solution.

Mike