[mythtv-users] mythcutprojectx.sh and trunk (was: mythtranscode cutlist argument?)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Jul 10 16:09:51 UTC 2010

On 10/07/10 16:06, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 10/07/10 14:55, Christopher Meredith wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> I played around with mythcutprojectx.sh some more and there are some
>> additional problems I'm finding. First of all, it seems "hardcoded"
>> for only mpeg2 audio even though many DVB and firewire recordings will
>> have ac3 audio. Line 143 is the remuxing line and it assumes the audio
>> track will be mpeg2. If you use it on a file with ac3 audio, it dies
>> at this stage.
>
> Yes: I'm dealing with dvb recordings in the UK, so I haven't tried it on
> ac3 audio. Sorry!
>>
>> Perhaps the more important problem is that it seems to be working in
>> reverse. In both tests I ran, it cut out the program, leaving ONLY the
>> commercials. I've seen other threads on trouble with lossless
>> commercial cutting in trunk (I'm running trunk, by the way) and I
>> suspect this is related.
>>
>> I think I can probably modify the script to account for ac3 audio as
>> well as hacking together a way to autodetect the video and audio
>> stream IDs. But the inverse cutting is really fatal.
>
> That is new(ish) in trunk - not seen in 0.23-fixes, currently at 25138
> from ATrpms.
>
> John P

Here are the annotated first few lines of output for a single-section
cut from the middle of a recording:

ionice -c3 ./mythcutprojectx 1009_20100710015800.mpg 0xc9 0x191
list0
4253 104868   # cut-in, EOF

list1
0 92713       # Start of recording, cut-out

list
4253 92713 104868  cut-in, cut-out, EOF

CollectionPanel.CutMode=0
115486708       #   cut-in, bytes. Start of output
2060170552      #   cut-out, bytes.  End of output,  58m 57s
2337428816      #   EOF, bytes

Reading GUI-Switch...
Reading Help Switch...

A comparison may be useful