[mythtv-users] storage directories

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Sat Jul 10 19:15:34 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

I've got a strange problem that I'd like to track down.  I have 2 backends,
master and slave.  The master has two large hard disks, each with partition
set aside to hold lots and lots of recordings.  These are shared with NFS.
The slave just has a smallish drive for OS.  The slave actually does most of
the recording, since that is where most of the cards are.

However, I'm finding that the slave is saving some of its data to its own
drive.  From a frontend in the machine status screen of the info centre, I see
this:

MythTV Drive #1:
Directories:
master:/mnt/store
slace:/mnt/store
A GB total, B GB used ...
X hours...
Y hours ...

Mythtv Drive #2:
Directories:
master:/mnt/store2
slave:/mnt/store2
A GB Total ...
X Hours...
Y Hours...

Mythtv Drive #3
Directory: slave:/var/lib/mythtv
A GB Total ...
X Hours...
Y Hours...

Now I don't recall ever settings this third storage directory.
When I use mythtv-setup on the slave, and go to the storage directories
option, it just lets me create Default group, create liveTV group and so on.

On the master, I just have the Default group define, with the first 2 folder
listed.

So here's my question:  How do I stop recording to the third directory (the
one on the slave)?  I'd like to be able to turn the slave off when its not
being used, but I forsee problems if one of my backends want to watch a
recording that is stored on the slave.  Also, I don't want to fill up an OS
partition with recordings.

Any ideas?

Mark