[mythtv-users] New install: Forgets input source ( solved? )

bhaskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sun Jul 11 00:15:59 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
>  On 07/09/2010 11:37 PM, bhaskins wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> DHCP changing IP address and/or hostname changes?
>> Install started off as DHCP, and then changed it to fixed (
>> 192.168.1.10 )
>>>
>>> If so, configure all mythbackend systems with static IP and hostname
>> .... and this is set at both places in setup
>>> (you can even set DHCP to issue the "static" IP), then do (at least)
>>> the capture card portion of
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>
>> It now appears that just going through setup, and not changing
>> anything(!) fixes the problem(s)
>> until after the next reboot.
>
> Sounds like a (broken) distro design that initializes networking after
> the backend is started...
I think that you have nailed it!
I found out that all I have to do to get everything working after boot
is to kill mythbackend.
It autorestarts and everything seems to be working.

UB 10.4 strikes again along with broken hibernate and 30 second max
limit on wireless connections.
Do you suppose that they might have picked up some of the laid-off
software guys from that other OS outfit?

Could this ( force restart of BE ) be added to a faq or something?
I'll just bet that I'm not the first person to be bit by this.

Thanks for your help!
  Bert