[mythtv-users] Frontend dbpassword not persistent

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 02:25:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 2:18 PM, The GUIGuy <linux at finalfiler.com> wrote:
> I'm having and issue with one frontend (backend is remote) in that it will
> not make the dbpassword persistent after start up. In other words, every
> time this particular frontend starts it wants to reconfigure because it's
> putting up an invalid password.
>
> I've checked
> /home/<user>/.mythtv/config.xml
> /home/<user>/.mythtv/mysql.txt
> /etc/mythtv/config.xml
> /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
>
> all of which have the correct password stored.
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes, perhaps your network is not up when mythfrontend starts and it
can't find the backend? I THINK this presents in a similar way.

Alternatively has one of those files got a small misspelling and the
wrong permissions to let <user> change it?

And are you sure it is <user> that is running mythfrontend and not
<anotheruser> ?

(LOL I was just looking at your similar thread on mythbuntu forums).