[mythtv-users] Nvidia underclocking vdpau

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 03:37:00 UTC 2010

I bought a cheap gt220 card recently, but the fan is louder than I care
for.  I was partially wondering how it would do if I underclock the card and
slow down the fan with a resistor or remove the fan power completely.  using
nvidia-settings, does anyone know if the 2d or 3d are the fequency profile I
need to modify for vdpau.  Also, what should I watch for if the frequency of
the gpu or ram can't keep up with vdpau?  Would it just not work? Would I
see error messages in some log? or would I see corrupted or stuttering
video.  Point is, I want to figure out he lowest frequency (and thus power)
I can use, but still use vdpau effectively.