[mythtv-users] jamu janitor without mythvideo

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 19:31:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
> James,
>    The Jamu Janitor option assumes you are also using MythVideo. To remove
> unused images from  Scheduled and Recorded (-MW) option downloads you need
> only one record in the "videometadata" table. It does not actually need any
> real data or video file. Of course to have that one record you need to have
> some MySQL skills and touch the database directly which I DO NOT advocate.
> If you do decide to add a "videometadata" record to the database directly,
> please...please back up your database first.
>
> Doug

Is jamu suppose to also be used with recording data?  -

1051_20100703143000.mpg
1051_20100703143000.mpg.png
1051_20100703143000.mpg.64.100x56.png

I seem to always have orphaned *.png files

I've been using this to query the database and compare with directory files

mysql -u root -psecret -e "use mythconverg;SELECT
basename,storagegroup FROM recorded;\q"|grep Default|awk {'print $1'}
|sort > db.recordings.files

ls /var/lib/mythtv/recordings |awk -F. {'print $1'} |sort -u >
dir.recordings.files

diff db.recordings.files dir.recordings.files|more