[mythtv-users] coverart location not going to storage group

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Mon Jul 12 08:19:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:
> 0.23 revision 25302 from JYA repository on frontends and backend.
>
> I have storage groups set up for EVERYTHING except livetv (those go in
> default).  For some reason mythvideo refuses to use them, instead
> putting files in ~/.mythtv/MythVideo on whichever frontend I hit "w"
> (for get metadata) on.
>
> Is this a known issue?  How can I get this to work?
>
> Steps I did:
> backend:
> -set up storage groups
> -chmod 777 (unsafe I know, but i want it to WORK first) the
> directories for my storage groups
> =start mythbackend back up
>
> frontend:
> -go into mythvideo settings and blank out all directories
> -go to a video without metadata and hit "w"
>
> It pulls down the metadata, but puts it ~/.mythtv/MythVideo instead.
>
> Thanks

I found the answer to my own question.

When you create storage groups you MUST unmount your old nfs mounts
before doing a rescan for videos.  If myth can find the videos locally
when scanning it thinks they're not in a storage group, even if you
have NO video locations defined and the only way it inferred that
local directory structure was from the storage group location :)