[mythtv-users] Many new dvd's not working

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jul 12 14:34:00 UTC 2010

On Monday, July 12, 2010 08:08:19 am Tom Dexter wrote:

> Yup...and now they're poised to take their bullshit global with that
> super-secret ACTA treaty.  I wrote my senator about it and got back a
> load of crap about how they won't let it interfere with individual
> rights....blah...blah...

I wrote one of my senators, and got back a form letter explaining how "globalization" benefits us all, and will help to
create jobs. He failed to mention that those jobs will all be in China.

Not that I have a problem with job opportunities for Chinese people, but I'd like to keep my own as well.

> He and that industry whose payroll he's on can
> all go straight to hell.  Here's the game plan:
>
> 1) Create more draconian anti-consumer (if not unconstitutional) laws
> that treat everyone as criminals under the guise of protecting
> copyrights

1.5) Get laws passed requiring ISPs to utilize their own resources to enforce (1), thus raising the rates for all
customers.

> 2) Wait for them to have no affect on illegal downloading (which they
> of course won't)

2.5) Continue to produce such crap that nobody will want to purchase or download any of it.