[mythtv-users] SPDIF surround broken in trunk

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Jul 12 17:15:33 UTC 2010

...at least for me. Ever since I did an "svn up" last weekend, surround
sound no longer works for me. I also updated to 25327 yesterday; same
problem.

This is the card I have:

01:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788
[Oxygen HD Audio]

It has analog individual speaker surround outputs, but I am using SPDIF
passthrough to my amp.

What happens is that SPDIF works, but it's stereo only. If I go into
Setup -> General and go to the audio page, then scan for audio devices,
the only device that comes up that has SPDIF output listed only supports
2.0. The analog surround outputs are found and are said to support 5.1,
but I don't know if they would work because I have nothing connected to
them, but SPDIF is now stereo only.

Is anybody else seeing this?

--Greg