[mythtv-users] storage directories

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jul 12 17:28:32 UTC 2010

On 7/12/2010 13:20, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Information, please. I'm slightly puzzled by how the above information
> is used. If you're saying that you now only define SGs on the master
> back end - and in my view that's the right place to do things like
> that - then how does a slave backend find it's storage?

You define the storage where ever the storage is located.  If you have
disks on the slave, you would define them on the slave.  If you have no
disks on the slave, but instead have the master's disks mounted over
NFS, the slave will record to those NFS mounts.

> Secondly, the reverse, a slave with no storage. Does it have to access
> storage on the MBE (or somewhere else?) using samba/NFS/whatever or is
> all the communication done using Myth's streaming protocol?

All recording and transcoding currently requires direct file system access.