[mythtv-users] Xine-UI 0.99.6 exit issue?

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Mon Jul 12 22:17:49 UTC 2010

I took the plunge and updated my two Myth Frontends from .21 to what ever
was latest as of a week ago. I use Gentoo as my distro, so basically
upaded everything (Including Xine-UI).

I use Xine as my external video player for .iso files, as the internal is
still very jerky on my systems. (Using nVidia MB with nVidia binary
drivers)

When Xine upgraded, it stopped exiting cleanly with Lirc or even the "Q"
key on the keyboard. Sometimes it will just hang, sometimes it will exit
to Myth but leave processes running that prevent anything else from using
the sound card.

Manually killing the task works, and resores normal function. of
everything I updated, this was the ONLY glitch and I see many posts
starting back in 2008 about this similar problem.

I had stumbled onto a discussion somewhere that there was an actual patch
to Xine (or Xine-Lib) that would address this, but it was not in the
current release. I wished I had saved that link, because I can't seem to
find it again.. just a series of folks that use some variant of scripting
or irexec to run a killall/pkill after the STOP/EXIT lirc command is
received.

Anyone else familiar with what I am facing? I tried searching the gossamer
archive of this list first, but haven't see the thread that would help.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Nick

--
Nick Ellson