[mythtv-users] OT: suggested wifi/wired camera for ZoneMinder

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 23:15:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's the couple that look interesting to me:
>
> Mini: http://foscam.us/foscam-fi8909w-na-wireless-ip-camera-wpa-audio-%28mini-spy-cam%29-p-43.html?osCsid=e4e57bda59e8369d7dceb909877e701e
> PTZ Model : http://foscam.us/foscam-fi8908w-wireless-ip-camera-pan-tilt-wpa-audio-%28black%29-p-42.html
>

> thoughts?

Wow, this is way off topic for this mailing list, even if there is a
plugin for it.

Anyways, I got external IP cameras from BSTI.com.tw (via eBay).  They
work OK, nothing special but they do the trick with ZoneMinder.  They
were about AU$110 each.  BSTI do seem to have dropped off the planet
now, they don't respond to my email requests about buying more.  I
guess any cheap chinese camera will do, they all look pretty much
identical.

Cheers,
Whytey