[mythtv-users] (LMs) Partial lock on DVB-S

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Jul 13 00:05:15 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have had an issue with scheduled recordings vs. Live recordings on a
DVB-S channel.

After looking at the archives, I determined that I had to reset my Input
Cards and Sources with a Delete All and start from scratch.

So I recreated my input cards:

DVB-T 1 (Nova T-500)
DVB-T 2 (Nova T-500)
DVB-S (Kworld DVB-S 100) and added Universal LNB in Diseq settings - On
Astra 19.2
DVB-T 3 (dual tuner usb stick)
DVB-T 4 (dual tuner usb stick)

I recreated my sources

Freeview-EIT - Only EIT for DVB-T
Sat-Kazer - Compilation of XMLTV or something like that, I have a cron
job inserting data from kazer.org

I associated my sources to the input cards.

I scanned the DVB-T channels.

I created some transports for the Sat-Kazer source.

I scanned the transports and added the chosen channels manually using
the suggested channel number. The scanning worked as expected.

I edited the sat-kazer channels in the editor in order to remove EIT
scanning and add the relevant XMLTVIDs.

I exited the backend setup and ran the Kazer script.

I launched the frontend.

DVB-T is working flawlessly on all tuners, EIT is coming in.

I have the program data for the DVB-S channels, but when I try to tune
in, I get

(LMs) Partial Lock

That setup used to work, with proper DVB-S tuning/locking, less than an
hour before. There was no reboot involved at any moment.

What did I miss? What can I provide to debug this situation?

I am running:

MythTV Version   : 25325
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.201000617-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libudev using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

from JYA's repo, n an Ubuntu 10.10 x64

Thanks for your help.

I'm already missing my French speaking TV... :o)

Nico