[mythtv-users] Using a video capture card, no TV tuner

NublaII Lists nublaii.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 11:35:59 UTC 2010

This is how I have it set up right now:

1- new capture card, 'Analog V4L capture card', probed info bt878
video osprey 100, default input composite 0. video device /dev/video0,
vbi device /dev/vbi0

2- new video source, name 'Test', listings grabber=no grabber, channel
frequency table 'default'

3- input connections: on composite0, select video source=Test,

4- channel editor: add new channel, channel name 'ospreytest', channel
number 555, callsign=ospreytest, video source=Test, video
format=PAL-BG, don't know if I have to put something on the 'Frequency
or channel' field, on the third screen of the setup

5- back to input connections: starting channel=555. Not sure if I have
to put something on 'Preset tuner to channel'

6- Back at the frontend channel num 555 appears on the list but it's
greyed out... can't do anything with it...

Tnx again

Benja