[mythtv-users] World of pain migrating to "Storage Groups"

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Jul 13 13:36:28 UTC 2010

>  Which only works when the content is available locally.
>>>

>> So use an nfs automount.
>>
>> Main point is it's doable and there's no need for all cap cries that it
>> doesn't work in any way any time any how and if you even try your
>> grandmother will fall and break her hip etc.
>>

> If you're just going to mount the stuff over NFS anyway, why even bother
> with storage groups?

Because storage groups are the future of Mythtv and where all of the
development is happening?

I would love it if someone made a myth protocol virtual file system.  So,
for example, I could mount my myth storage groups to a path on my system and
have all of it's content appear as though it were local.  Seems like it
would be do-able (though I wouldn't have the first clue where to start
myself).