[mythtv-users] World of pain migrating to "Storage Groups"

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue Jul 13 21:06:47 UTC 2010

On 13/07/10 23:14, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2010-07-13, at 12:38 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>
>> Which only works when the content is available locally.
>>
> So use an nfs automount.
>
> Main point is it's doable and there's no need for all cap cries that it doesn't work in any way any time any how and if you even try your grandmother will fall and break her hip etc.

My capitals reflected the BOLD text I paraphrased from:
    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvideo#Storage_Groups

<quote>
External Video Players (mplayer, xine, VLC) will *not work* with videos
hosted on an SG.
</quote>

So ... my apologies for breaking your grandmothers hip with upper-case.

Perhaps you could share your NFS automount solution with the wiki ?

cheers,
-kt