[mythtv-users] Backend consolidation, continued...

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 14 01:52:50 UTC 2010

Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:23:18 -0700, ctmythtv at pacbell.net said:
>
>> command not found, or some such.
>
> If you can't be bothered to run the commands you gave and type in the
> output as requested, why should anyone bother to try to help you?

Here you go, sunshine.

ct at dapperpvr:~$ lshw
-bash: lshw: command not found
ct at dapperpvr:~$ sudo lshw
sudo: lshw: command not found
ct at dapperpvr:~$ apropos lshw
ct at dapperpvr:~$ apropos ls
_llseek (2)          - reposition read/write file offset
aconnect (1)         - ALSA sequencer connection manager
add-shell (8)        - add shells to the list of valid login shells
afs_syscall (2)      - unimplemented system calls
alsactl (1)          - advanced controls for ALSA soundcard driver
alsamixer (1)        - soundcard mixer for ALSA soundcard driver, with
ncurses interface
amidi (1)            - read from and write to ALSA RawMIDI ports
amixer (1)           - command-line mixer for ALSA soundcard driver
aplay (1)            - command-line sound recorder and player for ALSA
soundcard driver
arecord (1)          - command-line sound recorder and player for ALSA
soundcard driver
aseqdump (1)         - show the events received at an ALSA sequencer port
aseqnet (1)          - ALSA sequencer connectors over network
assert (3)           - abort the program if assertion is false
auth_destroy (3)     - library routines for remote procedure calls
authnone_create (3)  - library routines for remote procedure calls
authunix_create (3)  - library routines for remote procedure calls
authunix_create_default (3) - library routines for remote procedure calls
backtrace_symbols (3) - support for application self-debugging
backtrace_symbols_fd (3) - support for application self-debugging
blockdev (8)         - call block device ioctls from the command line
break (2)            - unimplemented system calls
c++filt (1)          - Demangle C++ and Java symbols.
callrpc (3)          - library routines for remote procedure calls
charmap (5)          - character symbols to define character encodings
clnt_broadcast (3)   - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_call (3)        - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_control (3)     - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_create (3)      - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_destroy (3)     - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_freeres (3)     - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_geterr (3)      - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_pcreateerror (3) - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_perrno (3)      - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_perror (3)      - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_spcreateerror (3) - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_sperrno (3)     - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnt_sperror (3)     - library routines for remote procedure calls
clntraw_create (3)   - library routines for remote procedure calls
clnttcp_create (3)   - library routines for remote procedure calls
clntudp_bufcreate (3) - library routines for remote procedure calls
clntudp_create (3)   - library routines for remote procedure calls
credentials (7)      - process identifiers