[mythtv-users] Equipment needed for DishTv to Myth

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:39:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Jim Morton <Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote:

> snip...
>
> And finally, can anyone suggest an IR transmitter? I'd rather buy one that
> is known to work with Linux/Myth. I searched for "ir transmitter" at Newegg
> and came up with a 10 products that don't seem to be what I'll need.
>
> BTW I have Mythbuntu if that matters.

Jim,

Others can probably give better help if you tell us what version of
Mythbuntu you have -- 9.04? 9.10? 10.04? etc.  I suspect that you can
use as many HD-PVRs as you can plug in and have the CPU horses to
manage the data.

I'm in a similar boat but not as far along and don't have a use for HD
(yet) -- just figured out I need to move from analog tuning to digital
set top boxen (STB) for Comcast -- they finally converted channels I
care about from analog to digital-only ;-(