[mythtv-users] MythTV Themes - Looking great!

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Wed Jul 14 13:57:26 UTC 2010

On 14/07/2010 14:46, Alan Murrell wrote:
> I have a semi-related question: how does MythTV decide whether or not to
> show a cover art for a particular folder.  I have several folders in my
> "Videos" directory of various TV series, then additional sub folders for
> seasons (e.g., "Videos\Battle_Star_Galactica\S01").
>
> Some of my "top level" TV series folders have cover art that appears to
> be grabbed from one of the seasons' cover art, but others have nothing,
> even though the individual season folders (S01, S02, S03, etc.) do have
> cover art.
>
> If you want to see what I actually mean, I can take a screen shot and
> send it in a reply.

I had this when the folder name wasn't the same as the series name.

E.g. Folder was "Terminator" rather than "Terminator: The Sarah Connor
Chronicles".

It was as if the individual season folders automatically showed the same
image as one of the videos inside, but this doesn't "bubble-up" to the
next level directory and Myth just tried to find a title that matched
the folder name exactly.

I didn't check the code though so this could have just been co-incidence.