[mythtv-users] Equipment needed for DishTv to Myth

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Jul 14 14:31:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 07:35:12AM -0400, Jim Morton wrote:
> Thanks Guys!
>
> I trust I can get some assistance here for enabling the lirc
> transmitter as it is currently beyond my knowledge... I've poked
> around the lirc site and honestly it didn't make much sense to me.
> I'm not really interested in building my own stuff.
>
> A couple more questions. I see the HD-PVR is a USB device. Will 2
> (or possibly 3) play nice together? Is it possible to attach one to
> a frontend so the backend can still see/use it? In other words - If
> I have 3 STBs all in different rooms from the backend what are the
> options for connecting STB -> PVR and PVR -> Myth without running 25
> feet USB and IR transmitter cables?

    Have 3 separate recording units. They can talk to the master backend
via your home network. This will probably require a nice wired home network
though.

[deletia]

    I have this sort of setup with 2 DirecTV recievers. Each has it's own
HD-PVR. Both nfs mount the disk that contains all of the recordings on the
master server that sits in a different room entirely.