[mythtv-users] stupid vdpau question: pronunciation

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:09:24 UTC 2010

On Jul 14, 2010, at 4:04 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:

I always used to think of it as "Vee Dee Pow" but then I keep hearing

the MythTV Cast hosts saying "Vee Dee Pee Ay You" so now that's taking

over my thinking... but IMHO ("Imm hoe"? :) ) it takes too long to

say... too many syllables.

Vee Dee Pee Ay You is certainly a mouthful, but not really any worse
than PCMCIA, which I've never heard pronounced as an acronym.

Anyone know what nvidia engineers call it?

Eric

I think we need an "I pronounce "Linux" "Linux"" style video from Nvidia to
put an end to this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone