[mythtv-users] Possibly stupid question

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 04:42:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>wrote:

> Jerry.
>    In Mythbuntu 10.04 with MythTV 0.23 there should be a MCC tab between
> the "LogGrabber" and "Themes" tabs one for Jamu and one for MiroBridge. Both
> provide a UI to configure various aspects of their respective utility.

Looking at the plugins directory for MCC, on my frontend, it has the plugin
for Jamu but not MiroBridge, and on the backend, it has the pluging for
MiroBridge but not Jamu.  Not sure why this is.  Synaptic lists
0.62-0ubuntu1 as the version of Mythbuntu on both systems.

The backend runs MCC with no error output, but of course only lists the
MiroBridge tab.

When I run MCC on the frontend, it complains that with any -M option, Jamu
and its MCC plugin must be run on a backend (I have a single backend-only
system and a single frontend-only system.

> There may be a chance that the plugin is failing when the MCC is started.
> Try running this from the command line. If there are any error messages
> pastebin them into a reply. FYI: The plug-in is independent of Jamu itself
> so the plug-in could fail while the Jamu could be working.
> > /usr/bin/mythbuntu-control-centre
> --plugin-root-path=/usr/share/mythbuntu/plugins
>
> Out if curiosity did you do a new install or an upgrade of Mythbuntu 10.04?

I did an upgrade to 10.04, not a new install.  Subsequently, I told it to
reinstall 0.62-0ubuntu1, but nothing changed.

> Thanks for pointing out the mistake in the Jamu wiki it has been corrected.
>
> Doug

-Jerry