[mythtv-users] [userjob] Movie genre by symlinks

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 15 12:51:37 UTC 2010

Raymond Wagner on Thu Jul 15 05:45:45 UTC 2010 wrote:

>On 7/14/2010 23:30, Tom Sparks wrote:
>> --- On Wed, 14/7/10, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:

>> What tables have the information I need?
>>

>If you're using the python bindings, you shouldn't touch any of the
>database tables directly.

i am using php

<snip>
the movies are TV movies

I am using XBMC (XBMC and mythtv are in different house 900km+ away from each other, with only a 1 hour a day of internet transfer of recorded shows)

this is the scripted i am think of
1 get movie genres from mythtv database for recorded show
2 check to see if those genres folder exist if not create them
3 create a symbolic link in those folders with the title (and subtitle) of the movie linking it to mythtv's internal filename of the recorded show

I dont know what parts of the data base have those pieces of information

tom_a_sparks
Light travels faster then sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak