[mythtv-users] HDMI Sound; Working in Myth, broken in desktop (eg VLC, Hulu,)

Scott sdb17 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 16 02:18:03 UTC 2010

Hello, I've spent many hours getting mythbuntu sound to output over HDMI on
GT220, I had to upgrade alsa to .23, everything now works great with Mythtv.
The HDMI sound isn't working on desktop (eg. hulu, vlc). I've tried a 100
different asound.conf files from the fourms. aplay and speaker-test work
when I define the device with both -d hdmi:NVidia and -d Plughw:1,3 but not
default. my asound.config file currently has two lines: pcm.!default
hdmi:NVidia and pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia. Any help?