[mythtv-users] Comcast 6200 boxes won't change channel over firewire anymore?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 02:38:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:59 PM, John Baab <john.baab at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> they stopped responding to channel change commands via firewire
>>> anymore. I tried reseting the boxes but still no go.
>>>
>>> anyone have this issue before? anyone know anything I can try to resolve it?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>
>> Does plugreport still see them?  If not you may want to try unplugging
>> them for a few minutes and restarting your backend.
>
> yes, and myth can record from them fine. They're "stuck" on a clear to
> record channel, so things are still recording, they just all record
> the same channel.
>
> So I tried changing it manually and they do change, so I'm wondering
> if maybe Myth is passing the wrong number for a channel and the
> channel change fails?

Ok, so this is weird. When 6200ch the cablebox seems to change
channels correctly according to it's LCD, but it doesn't actually
change the channel. On top of that if I change it manually via the
front buttons and then watch live TV Myth thinks its on whatever
channel, but the cablebox is what I set it to manually.

I'm very confused.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!