[mythtv-users] Backend consolidation, aborted...
ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 16 03:17:26 UTC 2010
Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Clay <ctmythtv at pacbell.net> wrote:
>> After a complete, clean, reinstall, same result.
>> I verified both pvr-150s are working, and recording.
>> 15 minutes into recording the pvr-150s shit the bed.
>> [ 52.469557] CPU0 attaching NULL sched-domain.
>> [ 60.108026] eth0: no IPv6 routers present
>> [ 64.977018] CPU0 attaching NULL sched-domain.
>> [ 64.977071] CPU0 attaching NULL sched-domain.
>> [ 1952.196010] ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
>> [ 1955.412011] ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
>> [ 1958.348011] ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
>> [ 1961.316015] ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
>> [ 1964.256010] ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
>> [ 1967.224031] ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
>> [ 1970.160014] ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
>> [ 1973.096009] ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
>> I'm putting them back in the old slave b/e to see if they work there.
>> If not, it's back to 0.21.
> This most certainly appears to be a kernel/driver issue for ivtv. In your
> reinstallation, etc. have you changed kernels/drivers from your previously
> working config? I would focus your energies there and not so much with the
> myth software which only relies on those ivtv drivers to provide it data.
The last working config was on 8.04 MythTV 0.21, in service since it was
Dapper and 0.19.
I moved all the tuners to a single PC to save some electricity, and
upgraded to 10.04/0.23
Hardware/Kernel/software... I can't see where any of these would cause
the tuners to stop 15-20 minutes into a recording.
Actually, they puked if they were recording or not.
Hardware- heat could do it except that the box was never cool. It ran
all day, recording air, then after a quick reboot recorded fine on both
tuners... for a while.
The Kernel /could/ be playing musical IRQs while the system is up and
that could cause it, maybe. I dunno enough about how all that works.
Anyway, I dumped the pvr-150s back into the (used to be 8.04
frontend/master) now 10.04 frontend slave. Soon as I can figure out how
to get the frontend slave to put it's recordings on the MBE, we'll see
if they work.
To further compound the wackiness the MBE no longer recognizes the two
DVB cards that remain in it.
*They* were working perfect before I yanked the PVRs.
I moved them around the PCI slots, still no joy.
Deleted all cards and sources... nothing.
They never worked worth a darn on 8.04/0.21 so I was excited to have
them both up and running.
If the PVRs work in the slave, I may end up throwing money at the
problem and get a motherboard that was made in this century to try.
More information about the mythtv-users