[mythtv-users] User script that takes cutlist & runs project-x?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Jul 16 13:07:56 UTC 2010

On 13/07/10 10:01, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/07/10 08:41, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Or you might like to look at
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx, which does the job for mpeg2
>>> recordings but needs user intervention to select the desired audio
>>> stream. It works for me in 0.23-fixes under f12, but I don't know what
>>> effect the change in trunk cutlist will have. And yesterday when I tried
>>> it under CentOS_5 the use of ionice -c3 was apparently not supported.
>>> See also http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8347
>>>
>>> John P
>>>

>> I've been working with Christopher Meredith on using this script with
>> trunk and it looks as if we have a working version. He needed to convert
>> it for recordings having ac3 sound instead of the mp2 that I get, and to
>> remove the inversion logic needed to convert from the original MythTV
>> cutlist to Project-X. See this thread for details:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/442880#442880
>>
>> Some of the explanatory comments in the script are incorrect for trunk,
>> too. They apply to the original MythTV configuration.
>>
>> John P
>>
> I've added a 'trunk' version of this script to the wiki. I haven't
> tested it in trunk, but it does inverse cuts under fixes and should
> handle ac3 sound.
>
> John P

I'm afraid I don't feel technically able to comment on more recent posts
in this thread, but I've just removed the 'trunk' version from the wiki
and posted a new one, identified by today's date, in which the polarity
is controlled by editing a single variable and can be checked before
first use, and the PID streams can be selected automatically with
timeout for user interaction or directly from the command line.  I think
the 'cutting' part is functionally unchanged.

PID selection can be a personal as well as a technical or national
choice and some modification of the script may well be called for.
The script chooses the first-listed from "ffmpeg -i".  That usually
works for me.