[mythtv-users] Which blaster should I use?

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:40:25 UTC 2010

> I thought that when you changed the channel the blaster
> end (looks like a red LED) would  flicker.
>  Nothing flickered on any of
> the three...is it normally visible?

Not necessarily -- some do, some don't. And most (but not all) digital
cameras pick up IR, so even that's not a 100%-sure test. Test your
camera by using it to look at the end of your remote while pressing
buttons.

> All three blasters are connected and easily in sight, but none are actually
> attached to the STB receiver.  Where did I go wrong?

Again, depends on the blaster. Some are powerful enough their light
bounces around nearby objects to reach the receiver. Others need to be
attached to the IR window of the device being controlled.