[mythtv-users] Migrating from iso without storage groups to mkv with storage groups

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jul 16 22:43:46 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-16, at 6:27 PM, Kenneth Emerson wrote:

> Since iso's do not work with storage groups

You can make them work with a little jiggery pokery.

I "play" iso files using my external player script which is written to mount them to /dvd. At boot I have a script soft link /dvd to /dev/dvd for drive access, the player unlinks that and does the mount. MythDVD (the stuff under the "Optical Disks" menu) is configured to look for disks at that /dvd location so it works with either physical disks or iso files. There's a bit of logic for unmounting when I already have an iso mounted and also some visudo entries to allow the non privileged myth user to mount but that's the gist of it.

It gets the job done until iso files get supported, if that ever happens.

- George