[mythtv-users] SPDIF surround broken in trunk [SOLVED]

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Jul 17 13:57:31 UTC 2010

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. I'll be the first to admit that I don't
fully understand how surround sound really works, including on the
receiver side, but it appears that I am not really getting surround
sound out of myth at all since my "svn up" on July 10. I am going to
attempt to downgrade back to a previous version that worked (but
subversion does not make this easy, I will have to make an educated
guess about which previous revision to get). I don't think there have
been any database schema bumps since then so hopefully I can accomplish
this and get my surround sound back. without losing access to any
existing recordings.

If there is anything else I can do to help troubleshoot my problem or if
anyone else has seen surround sound break in recent updates, please let
me know. I cannot completely rule out something I may have messed up
with settings or the database, but the bottom line is that surround
sound was working, I did an svn up and recompiled, and now surround
sound is not working. I don't know how else to get it working other than
going back to a previous version where it worked. I suppose it will be
interesting to see whether or not this is successful.

My hand editing of the data in the database has involved the channel,
cardinput, and capturecard tables; I haven't played with the settings
other than through the GUIs. I don't see offhand how this could have
affected the audio, but I can't be 100% sure it doesn't.

--Greg